Thursday, April 26, 2012



"El Capitan, Yosemite National Park"
(12 X 16, Oil on canvas, October, 2011)

This painting resulted from a class I took trying to rekindle my interest in painting.  After several false-starts and a change in residence it had been several years since I had touch a brush other than painting walls in the house (both previous and current house).
Though I've seen El Capitan from this viewpoint before, I used a picture from a calendar as the subject material for this painting.  It only took several weeks which is fast for me and more importantly did wonders for me to get going again.  Of course it's hard to live in the mountains of North Carolina and not feel inspired.
Painting is through the drying/varnishing cycle and is ready to frame.  (Apologies for the quality of the photography here.)    


No comments:

Post a Comment